A little about Clearwater Brokers
Removing all the jargon so you can "clearly" understand the loan product.
With over 20+ years of finance industry experience, we love crunching numbers and finding the best possible loan that suits your needs.
Why choose Sam as your Broker
Simply put, Sam’s job is to find you the right loan for your situation and make sure that you continue to have the right loan as your goals and situation change over time.
- Understand your goals
- He’ll take the time to understand your unique situation and goals.
- Provide you with some options
- He’ll do thorough research, provide you with a few loan options and help guide you through your decision.
- Get it sorted for you
- Once you’ve selected your preferred loan he’ll do the legwork to get it lodged, approved and settled.
- Help you save
- He’ll stay in touch to make sure that you still have the right loan as your situation changes (and try and save you money along the way!).
Our code of ethics
We are serious about the commitment we make to our customers.
We do all that is possible to ensure our customers are fully informed about why we make the loan recommendations we do, and how we get paid.
To deliver outstanding results for you, we invest in ourselves and our business. You can have confidence we maintain, develop and apply a high level of knowledge and skills to meet all required industry standards and qualifications.
Governance and culture
We will always act in accordance with applicable laws and cooperate with any regulatory bodies. We see our role as constantly adapting, leading and shaping best practice in the industry.
We will do everything possible to ensure records of clients are retained, maintained and kept in a form that is complete, accurate and safe.
Do I have to pay
to use a Broker?
There are a lot of misconceptions that brokers charge hefty fees. Generally this is not the case (and definitely not at Clearwater Brokers). Typically a broker will be paid by the lender (ie no additional cost to you) in the following way:
When doing Home Loans a broker is paid an upfront commission and a trail payment:
- UPFRONT PAYMENT PAID TO ME BY THE LENDER, NOT BY YOU. A one-off payment called an upfront commission is usually between 0.65% to 0.7% of the loan amount (+gst). We do all the legwork to get your loan approved.
- TRAIL PAYMENT PAID TO ME BY THE LENDER, NOT BY YOU. ‘trail’ or ongoing commission is usually 0.15% p.a., based on the balance of your loan. We’ll be in regular contact with you to check in on your situation and make sure your loan continues to work hard for you, your changing situation and goals.
When it comes to doing other types of loans, we are paid a one-off payment set by the lender and at no additional cost to you. The benefit is, we do all the leg work for you and help get your loan approved quickly.
We know how to deal with the lenders and what documents they will need. We work for you to get your loan approved, Fast!